Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 68

So I went and got stuck with needles today to get my blood sucked out to test. I have a doctor's appointment next week. He can tell me how my thyroid, B12, iron, and glucose levels are doing. I know my thyroid has to be better or I wouldn't be feeling as well as I am or dropping weight. I am wondering about the B12 and iron. I've been watching like a hawk what I eat, and taking supplements. Multi-vitamin, Fish oil, vitamin C, B12 (when I can stand the pill. I have troubles swallowing it for some reason). Tried Evening Primrose for bloating. I don't think it works at all for me, but maybe I didn't give it enough time. Too many pills though and I hate them. I guess I'll see what Dr. Scott has to say....

New Recipe I got off The Doctor's web site.

Kale Chips

1 large bunch of kale
3Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp agave nectar for sweetness ( you could substitute honey)
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
any of your favorite spices

oven at 350. whisk all ingredients together except kale. Then toss kale with it to coat. Spread kale on large baking sheet bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

Katie, Jim and I liked it, Courtney didn't.... i suggest to cut it into smaller pieces because it is chewy. Maybe bake a taf longer than 10 if you want it more crispy.

I made salmon patties and sliced tomatoes and called it dinner.

No comments: