Sunday, January 20, 2008

LONG WEEKEND

So far it has been... usually long weekends are GOOD THINGS, this one not so much. I did it to myself. I should have not said yes to both kids having sleep overs. They are perfectly nice kids, but it would have been nice to have a bit of kid free time.

Dyson was a very bad dog. he is going to be neutered ASAP. He is getting territorial. He growled at and bit Jim when he got near Katie's friend Shelby. Crazy dog! Any way some behavioral modification and surgery are in his future.

I'm tired! I over did it. I did a hour work out with Jim this morning and I went back later to Zumba. I'm an addict! It is just so fun and I needed the stress relief. I ache all over though from personal training yesterday. We did legs and triceps. I hope I can move in the morning!

Yesterdays 1PM Predators game against the Blues was AWESOME! Scott Nichol got TWO short handed goals! TWO!!! WOO HOO! They play the Blues here tomorrow! Special 5PM game due to Martin Luther King Day.

I'm reading the latest Stephanie Plum novel. The in between the numbers. Not loving this one so much... it is OK. I'm usually laughing my head off reading Evanovich's Plum series this is kind of a disappointment, but maybe it will get better.

another good light recipe! I recommend highly

Japanese Beef Steak Salad with Sesame Dressing
Prep Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
Rest Time: 2 h 5 mins Total Time: 45 mins Makes 4 Servings:
Per Serving: Calories: 371 , Saturated Fat: 3 g , Total Fat: 10 g , Carbs: 31 g , Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g , Protein: 37 g , Cholesterol: 62 mg , Sodium: 564 mg
Ingredients: 1 1/4 pounds beef, boneless top sirloin steak
3 cup(s) lettuce, romaine
3 cup(s) cabbage, napa (Chinese)
1/2 cup(s) carrot(s)
1/2 cup(s) cucumber(s)
1/2 cup(s) radish(es)
1 cup(s) rice, hot cooked
24 pea pods, fresh
3 tablespoon sherry, dry
3 tablespoon soy sauce, reduced-sodium
3 tablespoon vinegar, rice wine
2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon ginger, fresh
2 tablespoon onion(s), green
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon oil, dark sesame

Instructions:
Combine sherry, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce and ginger in small bowl. Place beef steak and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning once. For dressing, add 1/4 cup water, green onion, sugar and sesame oil to remaining marinade; mix well.

Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 16 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes. Carve steak.

Combine cabbage, lettuce, carrot and radishes; divide among 4 plates. Arrange cucumber, rice, pea pods and beef on salads. Serve with dressing

No comments: