Monday, January 14, 2008

BMI

Sorry, I'm obsessing over weight right now and probably will be for a while. It comes and goes...

Today just to torture myself I looked at the BMI scale (body mass indicator). Hurray for me I'm just over-weight at risk for high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, heart failure....etc. Gee, the same list when I was obese...GROAN! There is light at the end of the tunnel when I weigh 154 I'll be in normal range for BMI. Plus BMI does not take in to account for muscles. Isn't that a tad odd? Muscle weighs more than fat, and you should be muscular to some extent it helps you keep your bone mass.

The scale was wavering this morning not quite 178 but not quite 179. Hopefully tomorrow it will read 178. That would be an awesome result for the start of a new eating plan.

We tried this recipe yesterday it is AWESOME! I doubled it.

Turkey Salad with Peanut Sauce Add to Favorites
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 7 mins
Total Time: 12 mins Makes 1 Servings:
Per Serving: Calories: 359 , Saturated Fat: 3 g , Total Fat: 13 g , Carbs: 42 g , Dietary Fiber: 11 g , Protein: 24 g , Cholesterol: 20 mg , Sodium: 232 mg

Ingredients: 1 ounce(s) turkey, breast (cooked)
1 ounce(s) pasta, spaghetti, whole wheat
1/2 cup(s) pepper(s), red, bell
1/4 cup(s) carrot(s)
1/2 cup(s) cucumber(s)
1/2 cup(s) sprouts, bean
1/2 cup(s) snow pea pods
1/4 ounce(s) nuts, peanuts, unsalted
1 tablespoon peanut butter, natural
1 teaspoon soy sauce, reduced-sodium

Instructions:
Cook pasta according to package directions.

Whisk together peanut butter and soy sauce.

Combine spaghetti and remaining ingredients. Top with peanut sauce.

No comments: