Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Good morning world! Puppy training here, what FUN!

I was woke up as usual by Cookie's barking. She, needing to go potty, and not wanting to soil her crate... the ONLY time she tells me she needs to go... Any way yesterday she took off on me at 5AM. Here I am running around my neighbors house in the cul'du sac in my pajamas in the freezing cold. I must have looked like a lunatic. I hope no one saw me! If they did see me I hope at least they got a good laugh out of it because I was livid. I could have used a good laugh at the time...
So I resolved that this morning would be different. No chasing a puppy through the neighbors bushes. I put Cookie's adorable pink rhinestone collar on her. We bought it a week ago, but I had to put more notches in it because it was a tad too big. She acted like I was beating her! Crying and growling and squirming all over. In short she HATES it. So needless to say her first walk on a leash and collar weren't pleasant. She laid down or yipped the entire time. Fast forward to this morning, she's had time to adjust. She wore her collar for a day now. I get her out of her crate and try to secure her leash on the collar and she threw another yipping fit. It sounded like I was beating her to death She may have woken the house ( if they didn't sleep like the dead here) BUT she pee peed while on her lead and I didn't have to chase her furry little butt any where! I'll put up with a bit of yipping! To me it was very enjoyable stroll just as long as I did NOT have to run the neighborhood!

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

Oh no! That IS an adventure. Puppies can be very contrary little buggers, can't they? Hope today goes better!