Saturday, January 5, 2008

Healthy ME!


SILLY KID PIC OF THE WEEK SUPER MODEL KATIE

Went to the trainer this morning. I didn't even whine... much. LOL! I didn't whine about the training I whined about the stupid sinus headache I woke up with this morning. Thankfully the Ibuprofen worked I feel just fine now.

I went to the grocery store to get some healthy foods. I'm making some Humus for some healthy snacks for the football games tomorrow. I got a basic one from the web and one from YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT that BBC program. I think I'll try this basic one first.

HUMMUS

1 12-oz can garbanzo beans
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2-3 tbsp tahini sauce (sesame paste)
juice of 1 small lemon
½ tsp salt

Drain 1/3 of the water from the can of garbanzo beans into a small bowl. Set aside for later use.
In a blender, mix together the garbanzo beans with the remaining can water and the rest of the ingredients.

Blend for 1-2 minutes until a smooth, slightly fluid paste is formed.

If desired, add small amount of the saved can water and blend to create a more fluid consistency.


Sounds extremely easy. Hope it is yummy too!

No comments: