Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 14

Today is all about the pork tenderloin! I like to marinade in zip-locks.


Since two come in a package I'm getting two meals put together. First is from probably the only "light" show Paul Deen ever has done...LOL! Grill Pork Tenderloin. It has to Marinade over night, but is a simple prep then you just grill it!

here's the Marinade

1/2 cup lite soy sauce
2 oranges juiced ( just use 1/2 cup tropicana orange juice)
1 lime juiced ( again I just use my little bottle of lime juice about a table spoon full)
1/2 tamarind concentrate ( OK this was hard to find the 1st time you can get it at any oriental market or skip it)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard ( again you can substitute any i sometimes use brown instead slightly different flavor but good)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 clove crushed garlic ( I buy the pre chopped in jar in the produce section. getting the smell off my fingers even with lemons is
difficult.... I know woosie)
1 tablespoon chopped scallions ( if I don't have any I just use an onion I actually like more than the recipe calls for)

1 pork tenderloin
Olive oil for brushing when grilling

grill at 350 turning about every 5 minutes use meat thermometer it is done when you reach 145 degrees in center. MUST be that or above you don't want trichinosis NASTY STUFF.

After you take tenderloin off grill let it rest about 10 minutes before cutting it so juices won't just run out.

Bring reserved marinade to a boil on stove thicken. use to spoon over meat.

THIS RECIPE IS SO DELICIOUS IT TEMPS BY VEGETARIAN DAUGHTER! Pictures of finish product tomorrow... if i don't forget

I'm also trying a new recipe from cooking light

This is the beginning. Smells great so far!

BBQ Pork sandwiches this can serve 8 ( I'm doing 1/4 of the recipe since katie and I will probably be the only one eating it)

1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1 large chopped onion
1 1/2 Mexican seasoning ( couldn't find his so i mixed chili powder, cummin, garlic powder, salt, pepper and crush pepper
flakes)
3 Table spoons Worcestershire sauce
3 table spoon cider vingar
3 tablespoons molasses ( i didn't have any so I use maple syrup)
1 teaspoon dry Mustard
1 6 oz can tomato paste
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tespoon salt
1 2 pound boneless pork loin roast
whole wheat buns

Cut roast in to pieces. Mix all ingredients in slow cooker. put roast piece in cooker. cok on high for one hour. Turn to low and cook an additional 7 hours or until tender. take roast pieces out and shred with two forks return to mixture stir. Spoon on to whole wheat buns.

Even with buns this recipe is only 398 cut eh bun out and that is 200 calories gone. The Cooking light cook book suggest a tangy apple coleslaw and water mellon with this main dish.

Well, now I must wrap my mind around getting my behind to gym....

No comments: