Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 52

217.2 I am ambivalent about this number. Yes it is less than yesterday, but more than the day before that by 4 ounces. I worked my ass off yesterday at the gym. That total body work out was killer. My ass and shoulders hurt. I lifted of top of that class plus did 20 minutes of cardio.BLACK BEAN, CORN, AND SHRIMP SALAD


Tried a new recipe. jim had my camera at work so i took a picture with my phone and as soon as I figure out how to get of the phone to the web. I'll put it and the recipe up .I GOT IT!!!! WOO HOO!

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (you can use garlic salt but I'm lowering sodium)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 pounds shrimp 9 peeled deveined ( I used pre cooked so i just rewarmed them in the pan)
cooking spray
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 cup corn
3/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup fresh cilantro ( left this out because I didn't have any)
1 can black bean (rinsed and drained)

Put first 3 ingredients and shrimp in bowl toss them to coat.
Coat pan with cooking spray.
Saute' till done
Add lime juice
remove from pan
add all the rest of the ingredients to heat

I actually never removed the shrimp just tossed everything together because I used precooked. I served this over brown rice.

it comes out to about 220 calories High in protein 43.3g, high in fiber 9.1g, high in iron 7.6mg

No comments: