Wednesday, May 2, 2007

About me as a Scrapbooker

I’m Kathleen Childers also known as Kate to my friends. I’ve been scrapbooking since I was a child. I’ve always kept clippings and photos in albums, but when I was invited to a Creative Memories Party in 1996 I learned a whole new style of scrapbooking.

I have no one favorite style of scrapbooking some layouts are very simple, and some are over the top with embellishments and pattern. I scrapbook to suit my mood and the photos.

I love new and old techniques. I use what ever is challenging, and inspiring to me, and what will work with my photos and journaling. Right now I’ve been playing with punches, die cuts and Spirograph patterns. My first love was punch art. Now I find it fun to mix it up with stamping, quilling, Iris folding, doodling, adding brads, wire and glitter, making it “new” again.

I like just about every line and have used just about them all at some point. I can find paper I love in just about any line. My favorites right now are Bohemia line, K & Company, Basic Grey.

I’ve been published over 50 times in various magazines, books and on TV. My work has been in Simple Scrapbooks, Memory Makers Magazine, FW Books, Cantata books, Debra Beagle’s Creative Lettering, and Ready Set Create. I’ve been a guest on DIY Scrapbooking. My work was shown on Carol Duvall, and the Michelle Gerbrant TV shows. I’ve taught for CKU Nashville, Camp Memory Makers, and various other conventions and events. My work can be currently seen Simple Scrapbooks Focus on photos column May/ June 2007 issue, and in new on line magazine Ready set Create April / May 2007 issue in the Go Yellow article two of my layouts are featured. I’ve also been featured twice as layout of day artist on Scrapgalaxy March and April 2007, and will be May 13th again.
I was founder and first CEO of the Simply Southern Scrapbook Convention, and D&K's Simply Scrapbook and Stamp Convention.

I enjoy scrapbooking because it combines three of the things I love best, my family, photography, and creative /art/craft type activities.

No comments: