Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday....

Silly kid picture of the Day!

This is what Katie gets for taking off with my camera...

The Predators spanked the Columbus Blue Jackets last night, so all is right in my world. LOL! (NHL Hockey) It was a wonderful game! I listened to most of it on the Radio because it was trainer night. I did get to see the 3rd period on TV. My trainer now thinks I'm nuts...

Made the yummiest turkey meat loaf! Here's the recipe. Good if you are dieting or not.


1/2 cup plain dried bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons whole milk
1/2 cup grated Romano
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat
10 ounces sliced pancetta, about 10 slices


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, milk, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Add the turkey and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.

On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay out the pancetta, overlapping the slices, into a large rectangle shape. In the middle of the rectangle, place the turkey mixture, shaping into a loaf. Using the parchment paper, wrap the pancetta up and around the turkey loaf to cover completely. Squeeze the parchment-covered loaf with your hands to secure the pancetta and solidify the shape of the loaf. While still covered in parchment, bake the loaf until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 45 minutes.

I actually scrapbooked yesterday! A scrap lift challenge. I really haven't journaled it yet. Will finish that up today and post it. I may start digging in and working on the Halloween pictures.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

~*~Felicia~*~ said...

haha love the pic!! I always told my friends to feel free to "Steal" my camera for awhile because I always got some of the best pics when I got it back!!! lol

Jamie said...

love love love that pic!