Friday, November 23, 2007

The Thanksgiving hang over...

It sort of wild that a holiday meant for us to give thanks has changed into a holiday that we eat ourselves into a turkey coma every year. Yup, coma snoring on the coach in front of the games. Actually the pumpkin pie does me in too...4 slices worth. GROAN! Or maybe it was just that the match ups for the NFL games SUCKED! They were a real snooze fest.

I maybe just bitter, because when I got on the scale this AM I was not pleased with gluttony. Well I wasn't that BAD, but I could have restrained myself a bit more. Really, aside from the pie eating bonanza over two days, I was pretty good, relatively speaking. Yes, I made the candy yam casserole. It's a once a year thing!
Besides aren't yams supposed to be MUCH better for you than regular potatoes... So we had them too, green bean casserole, and stuffing...

It sucks I work out like a mad woman. I'm tired of feeling guilty over a slice or 4 of pie! Stupid scale anyway... I just want to hit that magic number 179! to be below 180. Having to strengthen my resolve yet again to really watch what I eat. Unfortunately 'tis the season for parties. We have three so far that we will be attending, plus a weekend of goofing off with another couple. Staying over night in Nashville... December is going to be murder on the sensible eating thing at least on the weekends. YIKES! Will power needs to be a friend of mine or I need to become a hermit!

One thing was very perfect on Thanksgiving. The Predators beat the Red Wings despite some horrendous calls the first period that had my Preds killing off several 5 on 3 penalties. They killed them off and scored! It was an exciting game! Third straight Thanksgiving victory! We had a blast.

Maybe tomorrow when I get back on the scales again they'll be kinder... Hope springs eternal!

No comments: