Monday, November 5, 2007

Scrapbook Drama

It is a bit ironic that I started scrapbooking as a hobby to relieve the stress of my day to day life. When I began I was working full time as a crisis counselor and had a three year old and a new baby. Yup, a stress reliever! Guess that was many moons ago now...

After making my hobby into a business, which I'd never do if I had to do it all over again, I learned what stress was. I'm still dealing with crap that happened in 2003.
Never ever go into business with friends... Let's just say I learned the hard way...

Now all over the message boards is nothing but drama over scrapbooking. HOF contest, who calling who names, whether or not scrapbookers are crazy because people didn't follow rules of contest... I have to admit I did get caught up in it. Call it residue from working in the industry. Maybe a few axes to grind with CK... I have good reason or at one time I did...

Anyway it is OK to be upset when someone cheats. Just because it a predominately female hobby it gets put down. If it were a fix on the SuperBowl you bet it be front page news and the out cry ...HOLY COW! Some Baseball players have allegedly taken steroids, and now congress is involved. Get real it is only a game BUT it is a predomoniately male activity (not to say women don't love sports). So that isn't silly? I know $$$ is involved the same with the scrapbook contest maybe not the same amount, but money and a piece of fame just the same.

But it is time to back away from all this drama... it isn't healthy.

I think now I'm washing my hands of it. Back to enjoying my hobby!

1 comment:

D's Paper Studio said...

Good choice. I burned out a year ago over "local" boo-haha. Now I scrap for me. May all your joy return and your spirit lifted in the enjoyment of it.