Thursday, November 1, 2007

OUCH!

Halloween is my favorite holiday, but now it is forever marred. Well that might be a bit dramatic, but I'm feeling a bit like a drama queen this AM with my throbbing jaw. I'm getting ahead of myself. I have this throbbing jaw due to a temporary crown on my back right molar. I went in yesterday to the dentist to have this done. Sunday I was chewing gum and half of my tooth just broke. No avoiding the dentist any more... Any way this fairly simple procedure turned into an ordeal that lasted 3 1/2 hours. Here's the kicker the dentist isn't sure this is going to work... Well, one said that the other dentist, who happens to be his daddy finished with my mouth.
I swear he was drilling for oil in my mouth! Well, maybe gold, and he found it to the tune of $1135.00. OUCH! That is adding insult to injury for sure!

This really SUCKS! I really can't take the lovely Lor-tabs they prescribed because I have to drive my girls to school and after that I have traffic court for the expired tags ticket I got a few weeks ago. When it rains it pours... I could just see me going into court high on pain killers that should make a real good impression, NOT. Plus other people on the roads will be thankful. So ibuprofen and an ice pack it is to try to sooth my cauterized gums, and aching jaw. My jaw aches from having my mouth open that long! Holy cow! I swear getting my wisdom teeth cut out was easier!

Of course this is all on my favorite night of the year. I love trick or treat! This year it was just hard to enjoy with my jaw becoming not numb any more. Not so happy Halloween to me... Sniff, sniff

4 comments:

Marie Starr said...

Oooooo, I hate having to be "crowned"!!lol! Hang in there, the pain will diminish!

Lara Neves said...

Sorry! I hate anything to do with the dentist, but that sounds like it particularly hurts!

At least it'll keep you from going crazy on the candy, right? :) Of course, we WANT to go crazy on the candy, though, so never mind!

Joanna said...

OUCH!! Halloween is the one night of the year that we're supposed to be bad to our teeth!! Hope you feel better soon.

CB said...

Youch! Hope you are feeling better. The food and decorations looked fantastic, but now you need a break!