Thursday, November 29, 2007

Domestic Goddess Extraordinaire!

Domestic Goddess Extraordinaire, well maybe NOT... But I did CLEAN today. Not a dust bunny to be found down stairs. My kitchen floor is sparkling as wood can be. All the leather is conditioned. The rugs are clean and fresh smelling due to the baking soda treatment. Not a doggy smell to be sniffed out at least down stairs. I removed all the Thanksgiving decorations, and started putting out and up the Christmas ones. It's getting down right festive looking.

I've realized though I'm going to have to have some help with the house no way I'm going to clean all day several days in a row to keep the house up to standards. The girls and DH are going to have to help more if I do decide to let the cleaning people go. I've pretty much cleaned all day and only have the front room, dining room, living room and Kitchen cleaned. The bathroom needs help and the built in desk area is still a big mess. Everything I didn't know what to do with is on it.
Oh and the spare room is AWFUL! Looks like a room on Clean House. {{{red face}}} Thankfully that and one closet are the only places in my house that look bad. The rest can be picked up in ten minutes flat for company.

I'm going to start working on straightening the room from hell out after I get the house decorated for the holidays. DH needs to pitch in too since it his fault. When we redid the front room he dumped all the video tapes and CDs that were in the old TV amour on the bed in there and just left it. Before that I had cleared it out for company in May. Now it is a heap of junk! YIKES!

Well, the Christmas stuff won't magically get down from the attic nor will the Thanksgiving stuff get up there...Better get back to work....GROAN!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

i am so with you on the cleaning!!!! ugh i hate it. it stays clean for like a day!!!

CB said...

To clean or not to clean (ourselves)? I am at that road too. (Compound can only send me a cleaning person on Friday morning, which is the weekend here. Not very convenient.) Well, off to mop the kitchen floor and contemplate this question.