Monday, November 12, 2007

Blahs....

I think I'm experiencing Halloween let down. some people experience the holiday let down after Christmas. But I LOVE Halloween plan and plan for the parties, decorations, food, costumes, etc. We had a blast! Now every thing seems a bit flat.

I was never one to get into Thanksgiving. I'm not especially fond of eating gobs of food. It always seemed like we starved half the day then just gorged till you couldn't move or you'd explode like the guy in the Meaning of Life (Monty Python). We have no family near by here. We haven't had company in years now. Last year we were suppose to have my Brother's family but my SIL became ill, so those plans went down the drain.

I'm not excited about it at all. I have decorated. I bought cute stuff for last years aborted celebration. I put it up as I took down Halloween. So the house looks festive even though I'm not feeling it. I need some good modified recipes for Thanksgiving. We are going to have a very small turkey. Courtney doesn't eat meat so she won't eat the stuffing of gravy either. I need more vegetable dishes beyond the green bean and yam casseroles. Something new different and not so calorie filled I have to be on the Arch an extra hour.

What can make Thanksgivng FUN?

2 comments:

Amy said...

My mom is kind of that way lately too. She wants me to host the holidays over at my place, cannot really get into it. Have to work on bringing some holiday cheer your way to perk you back up.

D's Paper Studio said...

What can boast your Thanksgiving. How about you and your family spending timeserving a Thanksgiving meal at a homeless shelter at lunch and have your's later in the day.

Or what about inviting Internationals from your church or local college to come and learn about an American Thanksgiving.

If your in a cold area go out the night before Thanksgiving (make sure you have men with you) and you and your family pass out blankets or sandwiches and hot chocolate.

I know when I'm down and can go a see how some men, women, and chldren have to live, I become much more Thankful for what I have and makes me want to celebrate with a glad heart.