Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Halloween on the Brain!

Wow! This month is moving fast we're nine days in it already! Before I know it it will be Halloween! YIKES!

Jim and I decided we are going to decorate the inside of the house more like a haunted house and skip the garage. Today I'm going to start cleaning and get an idea of where the displays will go and how to put them up with out damaging the house. that could be really tricky.

Today all the invitations have to be got ready. I want to send them out by Thursday at the latest. People have to have time to get costumes. I whimped out this year and I'm not making them just printing on the invitations. I found a bunch after Halloween last year on clearance!

I think I'll get the dining room set up today, since we don't use that room for anything any way. I'll have one display ready to GO! I think it will be a haunted crypt with the coffins in it. Jim was talking about hanging the giant spider from the upstairs railing and having spider webs to the floor. I want to do a pirate themed one too. I think I'll be buying a few more props...Still working on the corpse too!

I'm thinking of doing a small favors... Not an original idea in my head... Can I pick your brain? Suggestions WELCOME!

Have a Great Day!

Kate

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh how fun!!

I can't wait to see pics!!

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

I don't have any ideas/suggestions but your party sounds like it's gonna be super fun!

Jana said...

Hi Kate! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for the encouragement!!

Jenn said...

Sounds like LOTS of fun!! I love Halloween. We usually do a Halloween party but no time this year. Can't wait to see pictures!! Your paper piercing is so cute...Awesome Job!

Tracy said...

I bet it'll look great!