Monday, October 1, 2007

Fall Break is here! Happy October!

I can not believe that the kids have been in school 6 weeks! It is the first week of October already. The summer is truly gone now except for the temperatures still in the 80's in Tennessee.

Not sure what we are going to do with this fall break. We haven't made any plans. I'm thinking cleaning the garage to get ready for the Halloween parties should be on the agenda.

Today I'm taking the van in to be repaired. I'm just praying it isn't a HUGE bill. The transmission is slipping. The van wants to go with the brakes on. So if I'm sitting at a stop light or in traffic it surges forward constantly looks like we're hopping or trying to be a low rider... GROAN!

We just got the city property taxes in the mail $1300 due by November. What the city does for us besides garbage removal I'm really not sure cause the police dept only seem to take your complaint and does nothing with it... SOUR GRAPES HERE! But truly do we have to pay for all of it??? The state will be sending its bill too... Really does make a case for living in the country.

Guess this week we'll be getting costumes for Halloween. I just have to find Jim's hat. The girls are going to have to help me with what they want, that should be fun.

I'm going to finish decorating the house and put the spots up outside this week.

Hope you all have a Happy October!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I love October!! It's so beautiful!! :)

Don't get me started on taxes! UGH!!!

CB said...

Love the Halloween decorations - we must see them in person someday. Kids here also have an October school break - for Eid (Muslim Holiday). Hope you have great weather, and a great break.