Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Kate gets a crown

Well, I've been told my situation was unique... Lucky me, NOT. Getting my tooth prepared for a crown was horrible it was worse than having my wisdom teeth that were impacted removed. Four hours in a dentist chair with so many shots of numbing medication my face was numb till PM at night! My dentist was about to give up and say I had to get my tooth pulled, thank goodness he is in practice with his daddy! Daddy finished the job... My tooth really was in bad shape shame on me...

I was assured that getting the crown put on was quick and painless. LIAR! For most people it is, BUT First mistake my dentist didn't order my crown like he was supposed to, so my gum over-grew back and was more in the socket. If I'd had it put on November 15th this would not have happened. The crown was way too tight the way the lab made it when they received it, so it went in and out of my mouth 5 times as he tried to enlarge it irritating my gum till just touch it lightly hurt. Finally he numb my mouth, and guess what daddy took over... I think I'm just going to see the father in the future.

I have a crown now. I think I earned it and more! YIKES!


Dec 12.What's your favorite Christmas song?

Away in the Manager and Silent night are a tie

2 comments:

Benita said...

OUCH! Sorry to hear about the pain you had to endure for your crown :( I just got one done not too long ago & didn't have any pain at all. Maybe you need to find a new dentist?

Silent Night is my favorite Christmas song, too :)

Patter Cross said...

Okay, I will eventually have to have one. Now I absolutely don't want it. I think I will just let the tooth fall out! I despise the dentist!