Thursday, December 27, 2007

Adventures in after Christmas sales and Plans for 2008

I think poor Katie was in sticker shock yesterday. She got 4 tops and a Starbuck's Frap for $45. I think she thought her dough would go WAY further. She still has a lot left.

I bought a present for next year's Bunco, actually two a Old World Santa and a group of caroling snow people. One I'll either use myself as a decoration or give as a gift to someone else. SO much cheaper and so much nicer than I could afford at full price. We have a limit for Bunco at $15 use to be $10. I bought gift bags for next year, a star garland for my Predator Tree I'm planning for next year, and found a new bed spread for Katie's room. It is very cool hot pink, white, black and two other shades of pink. It was actually one of those bed in bag things with the pillow shams, bed skirt and comforter. No sheets though, but I think I can find one to work pretty easily. All that for under $100 before tax... Not bad!

We're redoing her and Courtney's rooms for their birthdays. Walls are being painted, new bed spreads, curtains and decorations. I already bought Katie Flamingos playing instruments for Christmas. They are really funky and fun. They are playing a Sax and guitar, perfect huh?

While the rooms are being redone they have to live in the bonus room. This will be interesting. They are going to start clearing out everything they don't want and going through all their drawers. I want to empty the rooms and clean the floors good and wash the walls all ready for painting. BIG job....

We are going shopping again today. Courtney wants to go. We are taking her boy friend Jessie. I threatened to take him into Victoria's Secret and Courtney just laughed....Poor boy! I have purpose in shopping today! I want to stock up on mini trees. I'm going to try to buy at least two more. Courtney wants CLOTHES. She'll be modeling them for Jessie. He must really have it bad for her...ROFL! i hope we can find her a bed spread too. Easier to do the paint with that in place!

We are going to the hockey game tonight and taking Jessie too. Poor kid will be ready to go home and hide after this... LOL! I'm a bit wild at hockey games not a sedate type fan. More a scream at the top of her lungs make a spectacle of herself type fan. After this we'll have to take him to the movies a comedy. My oh so sweet husband say I either sound like a bird or a donkey braying, maybe a hyena on a loud speaker... If he doesn't go running for the hills the poor sapp is really head over heels for my daughter. ROFL!

I did a little scrapping yesterday. Well paper piecing for the some of my Halloween pages. I got a bunch of prints made. I'm hoping tomorrow I can just go to town with them. I'm going to do some more paper piecings and sketches to see what I want to do.

I better get some food in me and get to the gym, so I can shower up and be ready at noon. My motto is no fat-asses in 2008! 30 more pounds!



Have an awesome day!

No comments: