Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Up date

We got rain lots of rain this past week! I think we are actually drying out now. I'm not complaining about the rain we really needed it. It stayed away when we were picking up Katie from camp Saturday till the evening. I'm profoundly grateful for that, it would have been a muddy mess....but they might have cut short the area demonstrations.....lets just say it ran WAY too long. They were cute and informative at least the "rock" climbing wall and ropes was something I didn't know that much about. Very cool what the kids get to do at camp.

Courtney is in Australia. So far so good only two minor emergencies. she lost her bathing suit somewhere on the bus ( didn't take the plastic bag with her like I told her to for her wet stuff... we only packed 15 or so... KIDS!) Her debit VISA wouldn't work after I'd gone in to make sure they KNEW she was going to be out of the country, and not to stop transactions. I was fit to be tied! I called and was very polite and calm, but I STRESSED my 14 was in a strange country without access to her money. I guess the problem was they should have run it as credit or so the bank told me after a few hours of trying to see what was wrong. They looked up the transaction. So she shouldn't have any more problems.

I just got my hair (gray roots) colored and cut, so I'm about as gorgeous as I get... kind of sad really , LOL! this time I like my hair. Very pleased! A bit shorter and sassy.... I just hope I can style it like David....GROAN! Probably not....Pony tails are my friends.

I did the lunch thing with my girlfriend Sunnette yesterday. She my once a week lunch buddy and sometimes walking partner. We went to a new-ish place called Goodness Gracious. Very cute very ladies who lunch type place a little on the fru-fru side but fun. The food is wonderful! The turkey Rueben and baked sweet potato fries was to die for!

I'm SO glad we found a consignment shop that will pick up the furniture and sell it! they get 50%, but I don't have to deal with newspaper ads and have strange people come to our house or worse strange people that don't show up when they say they will.... Not to have those hassles is worth the 50% to me.

Last night Jim and I saw our trainer. She made us nice and sore. well, at least me adding more weight, BUT I've got a secret weapon! I'm finally using the massage Jim and the girls bought me for Mother's Day. If that fails I'll crawl into the hot tub or use my heat wraps ( LOVE THOSE THINGS). in April I did a whole blog on them I love them that much!

Jim finally called the doctor office, more to get me to stop bugging him then anything else ( good to be a nag sometimes). I think he is being over medicated for BP. He's lost 40 pounds with no adjustment of meds. He's been having dizzy spells when he stands up too, quick very classic low BP. I guess we'll know after next week.

Katie and Melissa are throwing the annul 4 of July Party, but this year Jimmy told me it will be over in our cul' du sac. So a little different this year ( YIPPEE, no cooking for ME!) plus it is being catered BBQ for $10 a family can't beat that! We just need to bring our own booze...I MEAN DRINKS...really you know diet coke, water,etc....LOL! ( Darn I shouldn't eat today!) That is really going to be a challenge on a "healthy eating plan" ( remember diet is die with a T).

All up to date!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the "no cooking":) My kind of 4th! Have fun!