Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Growing Pains ( the tween years are HARD)

Right now my youngest is going through a phase, isn't that the NICE way to put it? She's driving her father and me NUTS! Nothing we do is ever enough, and she doesn't appreciate our efforts to please her. When we finally lose patients with it and call her on it, she cries. Then we all feel worse.

She's going through a gawky phase her hair is always a mess. She is wearing her bangs over her face to hide a few pimples that have decided to show up. I know it won't be long till Aunt Flow starts visiting... OH NO! Katie with PMS? She has to get braces too. Shoot me now! She is already wearing black all the time with skulls she's all ready for the funeral... I love Halloween , BUT everyday?

She's very tall almost my height now. Pretty soon she'll pass me up in height. She still has her baby fat. It is pretty much only in her stomach area though no where else. Her face is still very full and round, but that will change with more maturity. Courtney's did over night, so did mine once upon a time... She has no hips! I'm thinking as she grows that belly will go away some what Courtney's did though she'll tell you she's fat too....GROAN! She is still wearing her glasses though we did get fitted for contacts. She had a devil of time using them unlike Courtney that just popped them in and never looked back... We'll try again this fall.

Katie looks at her big sister and compares...Katie doesn't see anything about herself as pretty, smart, special, or good. I'm not sure how to fix this or if I can. She has beautiful eyes and her hair could be gorgeous with the nice natural curl. She can lose the glasses, we'll work on the "baby fat". She just has to believe in herself. How do you get someone to do that?

No comments: