Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July

1. Is July 4th just another fun day off work or a day that you truly celebrate freedom?
I think it is both! We usually mark it in some special way, and have fun.
2. Do you consider yourself patriotic? Why?
Sort of, I choke up when the Nation Anthem is played, and I'm proud of my country.
3. Do you have a flag or anything patriotic decorating your home during the holiday?
Yes, I have red, white and blue stars hanging on my front door, kind of country-ish style out of wood
4. Do you attend fireworks, buy your own for a home display or do both?
MTSU holds the firework in Murfreesboro it is so close by we can watch the fireworks from our neighborhood. Every year one of neighbors buys enough fireworks to do a bit of a display too.
5. Who's the pyromaniac in your family?
My husband, the over grown boy! last year they made a potato gun during the 4th and were shooting off potatoes!

6. Which is your favorite of the fireworks? (Describe it or share a picture!)
the ones that look like palm trees
7. Where do you go to see the fireworks, if you watch? Inside the event, outside the event or from afar?
See question 4
8. Do you have a traditional meal or festivity on the Fourth of July?
We have a HUGE neighborhood party, with a bike parade that the kids decorate their bikes, good food, fireworks, wonderful company, and laughter.
9. What other traditions do you have for the Fourth? Camping with friends or family? Picnics? Family Reunion?
See number 8
10. Where's the most exciting place you've seen fireworks displayed on the Fourth?
In 1986 I celebrated in Germany with the army officers.
11. If you'd like to go there...Does the fact that we are a nation at war this year affect your feelings regarding our freedom?
I'm proud of the men and women that have given up so much to try to protect us and protect others. War is never a good thing but sometimes a necessary evil. I wish people would get a clue and stop hurting each other over religion, greed, and hunger for power, but I fear that is but a dream. I think God that I was born in the USA where I'm relatively safe, have freedom, have education, and have a good chance at a good life.
12. What's your best Fourth of July memory?
In Conneaut, Ohio where I grew up there was always a 4th of July festival down by Lake Erie. It was the BIG event of the summer. It isn't one memory but a whole group of memories about the festival. The smells, the food, the rides, the friends, the fireworks displays.... Magical to me.
13. What's your favorite patriotic song?
American the Beautiful it chokes me up too.

No comments: