Thursday, July 5, 2007

SLOW DOWN!!! not ready for FALL

Wow, this summer is moving at light speed! I can't believe it is all ready the 5th of July! the fireworks are over (well at least in theory I'm sure for the next week or so odd pop and burst will show up from the left overs). At this rate it will be fall before I know it!

The 4th of July was a lovely day! Jim and I went and worked out (we deserve a pat on the head and cookie!). We then went shopping. We're going to be broke at this rate! Oh well! We found pillows for the new couch, a new art piece for the wall ( kind of a metal sculpture and painting in one), and the folding chair that match our patio set went on sale for $14 time to BUY! We had a lovely lunch at Jim and Nick's BBQ at Katie's request ( her favorite restaurant). After that we got ready for the neighborhood party. Jim drug out the HUGE misting fan ( the kind you see on the sides of pro football games), helped set up tables, and decorated. It was HOT! The fan was needed for sure. There was a good turn out for the party. I think everyone had a good time.

I got some fun pictures from the 4th celebration. Lots of the bike parade with Jimmy Morris driving his decked out lawn mower, and all the guys on the "float" ( Jim was one of them). I got an adorable one of Caroline ( friend's dd) with blue icing every where! SO CUTE! But I'm glad my girls are through that stage and I happily take pictures of my friends children who are still there.

Katie chose going back to camp over getting her own Ipod. she got all A's and B's on her report card at the end of the year. That is MAJOR for Katie both Jim and I were so pleased and proud of her. So I'll be calling and trying to get her in for the next session.

Still waiting on another call from Courtney in Australia. I never found out if her Debit card issues were resolve. I'm assuming they have since I haven't receive another call or she's out of cell phone range somewhere. I'm dying to know what they've been doing!

any way I want time to SLOW DOWN! So much more we want to do this summer!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Stewart said...

I agree that summer is just flying by! Sounds like you are enjoying it, though. :)

Jennifer