Monday, July 9, 2007

how NOt to use a Waterpic....or read the directions first

I have this tooth that I keep getting food stuck. I have got to see my dentist but until I do... Flossing and brushing just wasn't enough. So I thought that I'd try a Waterpic. I've heard they are excellent for oral hygiene, and gentler on your gums than floss and those wooden things they want you to poke inbetween your teeth to the gums, so I went to WalGreens and bought one.

I get it home and rinse out basin for the water, and the attachments. I put the water in the basin, and adjust the level I think I want the water to come out, and turn it on to use. This is like power washing your teeth, think of a mini fire hose. I had that baby cranked up ! It actually stung a bit as it hit my poor unsuspecting gums. So I jerk it out of my mouth spraying water everywhere. I got a little bit of water to go a LONG way. Conservationist should be proud of me! I got the mirror, my make case, my night gown, tissue box, and counter. So when all else fails read the directions... If I'd done that I would have realised there is a kill switch in the handle, and level three is a good starting point for use of the water pic. OK try this again! Very much like the denists tool but no lovely suction hose, so you have to stop and spit frequently or drool. I must say it cleans well. I wish I'd bought one years ago then maybe my tooth would be taking on unwant food particles. I'm afraid soon you'll be reading about my adventures getting a crown put in....

No comments: