Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Window treatments

I've been struggling with what to do for window treatments. We've live in our "new" home since March 2004. I've had 3 years to come up with something more than the white faux wood blinds that cover our windows. I haven't done it. Curtains and valences to me are big, expensive dust catchers. I wanted something different, more airy, let more light in...DIFFERENT!

Well I think I finally have come up with it! Last year at the TOCA art festival Jim and I bought a metal leaf sculpture. We both love. I decided to put sculptures above the windows as valences. This past weekend we went back to a craft fair and got the first parts. We bought 4 sculptures and some small individual piece to make the effect. What do you think?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Isn't TOCA just amazing. Every year it just gets better! Love the sculpture.