Monday, June 11, 2007

Our weekend at the Lake

We were off and running bright and early Saturday morning. Jim got up about an hour after me and got the boat ready to go to the lake. We woke up Courtney so she could go to camp with us after we met with our trainer. We wouldn't have time to come home before getting Katie. Poor Dyson gets to stay in his cage for while...

We worked with Kim, and Courtney did her thing. Jim had got her trial pass which is nice not to have to pay for Court. Kim said she'd get another one for us so Courtney can work out till she leaves for Australia. We don't want to pay membership while she's gone, after she gets back we'll get her one. She's been pretty good at using her passes.

Any way after working out we were starving even though we ate breakfast, so we went to the gas station, bought the healthiest stuff we could find to the tune of $21. We could have had a nice breakfast out in a NICE restaurant for that! CRAZY! Oh well, no one EVER wants me hungry I grow fangs, a tail and growl. Thus fortified we were off to get Katie.

Katie was still back by her cabin with Shelby.( Shelby is her new BFF for this year) Any way once again Katie didn't want to leave. So she's going back again for third session for two weeks. After that she has Rock and Roll camp at MTSU. She'll be all camped out after that!

After we got home we got ready to leave. it was funny we couldn't find this and we couldn't find that... Well until I told Jim where he put it after last year that is.... LOL! Luckily I have the uterus-tracking-device and a good memory for trivial things ( I can't remember where I put my book down five minutes ago, but I can remember you put it on the work bench last fall, go figure...). Any way we finally found every thing we needed, gather Dyson ( our dog) and got off!

We get on the lake and pull out the tube to go tubing, and there's no plug. So I put my tracking device to work ....it was in the pouch in the hatch alone with the missing goggles Jim had been ranting about... Oops!
Two problems solved with one pouch! WoO hOo! WE go tot blow up the tube and the compressor is DEAD as a doornail even though it had been plugged in.... I suggest we go to the marina someone has to have a pump. MIRACLE they do Emergency aborted. We have tube with a plug and blown up. We're off!

The girls ride around on it for a about half an hour maybe 45 minutes and I notice it doesn't look right and they are swamping too much. We stop.... the tube sprung a leak! Nothing my amazing uterus can do about that... I think Dyson was relieved..... That was short lived because we decided to go swimming. Dyson HATES the water, so of course we find it very entertaining to have him swim. We're a bit twisted... he looks so funny when he gets out. Drowned rat doesn't quite cover it. He's so cute in his little bright orange life vest with a pissed off look on his face. Don't let any one ever say dog don't have facial expressions. I bet he's thinking, if I were a Doberman they would do this to me.....

We also discover Jim forgot to put the plug in the boat so we're sinking slowly.... LOL! Easy to fix. Pretty funny too!

I did discover one thing I have to go and get my shoulder looked at because getting back on the boat HURTS! I thought for a minute there I was going to swim back because no way was I getting back on the boat.

We bought a new sun shade for the boat. Getting that up was interesting! It's kind of like a large beach umbrella. Getting the straps just right took the learning curve, but we got it up. It needs a bit of modification for our boat because it is smaller than most, but I think it will work. a little Jerry-rigging I have faith...probably misguided...

We all fun! the girls were freezing again and took my sweat shirt and dry towel...all the other towel got drenched.... They got warm and I fell asleep on the way home so my family could make fun of me open mouth drooling..... Glad the water camera was done by then just got a shot of my ass, and not my drooling so I count that as victory of sorts... ( luckily my ass is smaller now than a few months ago it fit all in the frame).

Sunday, I get up aching! Riding backwards in the jet boat watching the people on the tube beats you to death, especially if you have my sadistic husband driving. Every swell there is he finds.... Any way I made coffee, took pain relievers, and crawled into the hot tub with my book. HEAVEN! About an hour later I feel human again and not like an old leather punching bag so much. By then Jim is up and peeks his head out. He ask if I want to go to Walmart to see if we can find a new tube, and develop my butt pictures. I can hardly wait to see those...

Adventures at Wally-world! You know that store is scary. You go in there for one or two things. You come out with stuff you didn't need when you went in BUT you have to have it by the time it is time to leave...SCARY! We got the film developed ( lovely butt pictures). We found and got a replacement tube, and twenty other items...$200 something later we are on our way home.

Katie is alive and kicking when we get home. thrilled with the tube and butt pictures. she was the photographer and Oh-so-proud of her achievement ( when does she go back to camp?). After feeding her a breakfast bar we send her upstairs with Dyson to wake Sleeping Beauty aka Courtney. Actually she's more like the dragon in the morning.... But it is the afternoon almost so we figure the Katie and Dyson might make it out alive....

Jim and I are down stairs safe making lunch. We got some of that lovely salt and pepper corn. YUM! I made devil eggs and he made tuna salad. We're set! We feed the ugly dragon when it come down, and she changes back into out daughter. Crisis adverted once again by food ( she takes after me a little).

We finally leave for the lake at about 2, after testing out the new tube and pump, nice because this tube fit in the van blown up. The only one not happy is Dyson, well his happy to go bye-byes but when we get there.... We get there. Jim remembers to put the plug in the boat. Sinking adverted. BUT we left a line on because of the tube, and it tangled in the engine... The transmission is screwed up! Arrgh! Reverse is forward, and Neutral is OK but no reverse... other than that the boat is working fine... it's just going to have to be adjusted on dry land. we wouldn't let a little thing like that keep us off the lake, BECAUSE we're NUTS!

The new tube though smaller works great! Both the girls and I are beat to death almost. Courtney has bruises all over from hitting the water at 40 mile per hour.... Jim is sadist no kidding, but that OK Courtney loves it. That just leaves poor me, so what if I pee red for a week because of all the kidney jolts... I have a hot tub and access to pain killers... We even got the rub on kind. I'll try not to OD like that poor girl in the news rubbing it in...

We discovered two things this trip. Turtle Chex mix is AWESOME and, never leave a line drag.

This time I got smart and I packed the towels in one of giant zip locks. We have dry towels! I brought two blankets, so I got to keep all my clothes! I drank extra diet coke so I didn't sleep on the way home....


Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments: