Tuesday, June 26, 2007

She's leaving on a jet plane....

OK, reality has sunk in now, and I'm freaking out. My fourteen year old Daughter is going to be on the other side of the world for 21 days in Australia. She flies out today at 2PM with her people to people group. I've been running around making sure she has everything. That is all done and I have nothing to focus on except she is going. It isn't like camp. I could be at camp in 20 minutes, not 22 hours. Guess those apron strings will be stretched!

She has a international cell phone. She can call any time she wants. it will be a growing experience, a learning experience, and a big honking test for college in four years.

I'm sure she'll have a great time. Not so sure mommy will survive it though.... Just hoping the water works doesn't start at the airport.

No comments: