Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Blue balls....

I’ve been juggling so long my arms are tired. I'm a terrible juggler to begin with! I’m dropping balls left and right! Didn’t get stuff off for my MIL birthday in a timely fashion…the card is in the mail… package to follow… I just did not plan the time again…It’s like BAM! Today the day, it’s here!I always think I have more time. DUH! Today I totally spaced out on Katie’s orthodontist appointment. That’s a first. I’ll have to call and try to reschedule tomorrow. Katie spaced too, she knew about the appointment. Getting Courtney ready to leave kind of sucked my brain out, I guess. I don’t know what the deal is with me right now. I hope I snap out of it soon!

I’ve got to get over to the High school Courtney didn’t finish all the stuff she needed to do for scheduling her “college course”. To busy goofing off with Kori instead of doing what she was supposed to do. Now I get to fill out here paper work… We’re going to have a LONG talk about being responsible for herself, because ultimately it is HER life. I want it to be the best it can be. She is old enough now to take responsibility ESPECIALLY if she’s going to be driving…etc… It worries me she seems to lose her mind at times around her friends. BUT that is part of being a teen…

Got to get Katie’s camp stuff out tomorrow. A MUST.

I don’t know why I feel so stressed. I think it is PMS with a dash of economy worry, and a touch of the blues thrown in just to make life interesting. Oh and I’ve a funny mole I’ve been putting on the back burner…Need to make that appointment and a few others…

Something else is bothering me. A friend was like OMG your daughter is going to be gone for a MONTH. It really doesn’t make me sad. My friend made me feel guilty for a minute there, but that is just STUPID! Courtney's getting an awesome opportunity just like going to the wonderful summer camp or Australia with People to People. Granted during camp we at least saw her every two weeks. Australia we talked on the phone. Heck she was half a world away! We can do that everyday while she is at UT Martin. Text, Email, call, Facebook… probably talk more now she's gone!LOL! As long as I know she is all right and in good hands. Why should I be upset? I see no reason. I want independent scared of nothing daughters that don't need me 24/7. The more that they can try under my supervision or other responsible adults the better. Of course the person that was freaked over it has much smaller children…NOT teens… it’s good to send your tweens and teens away for a bit because you do find you miss them…LOL! yes, surprisingly! This is good practice to toughen us up for the real deal…off to college in two short years…

6 comments:

Claude said...

It's okay to feel how you feel. She'll have a great time. As like you said: as long as you know she's safe, that's what matters!

Good luck juggling everything!

amy said...

good luck with your juggling! seems to be the story of motherhood, most often! :)

Lisa Dorsey said...

You sound like me, running in a hundred different directions. Hope you can find a little time to have a peaceful moment today!

Jen Martakis said...

I can totally relate. I've been forgetful lately like crazy...I have 5 boys... 2 of which are teens. One will be a junior and the other a freshman this fall. It's crazy isn't it?

Jennifer Davis said...

Totally understand all your thoughts...you are justified in your worries and your feelings, your daughter is going to have such a valuable experience! =) Kudos to you mom, for letting it happen!

Hope things start to settle down for you soon and things get to a pace that seems reasonable for you soon, life is so crazy and we women take everything on it seems!

Hang in there!

Jen

Debra said...

I think letting Court go for a month to Govenors school is an awesome opportunity/experience. I went to Chicago for a month between my sophmore and junior year of high school and loved it. Goofy friend wasn't thinking when she said OMG and I am sure she never intened to make you feel guilty. As a matter of fact I know that friend looks up to you and your wisdom and thinks you are an amazing mom.