Thursday, September 25, 2008

Movie Review

Thursday night was ladies night out! WOO HOO! In other words cocktails and a movie with my clique of friends. We went to Friday's. They make a nice cocktail there and the appetizers aren't bad. I had the pot stickers they were yummy. I wish I could say the same thing about the movie...


We went to see The Women. It's a remake of a 1930's film. It just didn't translate well to 2008. Way too cliche of a premise and the "sex in the city" spin they put on it wasn't good. Wait for the DVD or it to come on HBO. I see as a Lifetime movie in a year or two. Too bad it had such a great cast too bad the script and story just wasn't there. There were some funny parts. Some good one liners. Some really bad plastic surgery was on display, YIKES! I think there is something to be said for growing old gracefully....

We had fun though always nice to go out with the girls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun night out though. I am recommending the movie mostly because that cast is amazing! What a group they put together but I also didn't see the first version.

Anonymous said...

I haven't even heard of it yet...now I have to go see who the cast was! Glad you had a fun night out, regardless :)

Stacey Michaud said...

Oh! How much fun. I love girl's night out!

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to have a nice girl's night out, but bummer that the movie was a bit of a disappointment. :(