Monday, August 11, 2008

More drama....

I guess we didn't have enough drama for the day Saturday... Katie had Emily and Shelby over for an over night. The girls walked to Krogers for goodies, and on the way back Emily got a nose bleed for no apparent reason. Katie instead of calling me on her cell phone had them walk back. I could have cheerfully strangled her! I ask why she didn't call me, and she said she was afraid I'd be mad. I straighten that one out... I told her the reason she has a cell is for EMERGENCIES and some one bleeding is one. Poor Emily! Sometimes I wonder what goes on in Katie's head! By the time they got back to the house the girl was covered in blood. She looked like she walked off the set of a horror film where she was one of the victims. I made an ice pack and got plenty of paper towels. Sat poor Emily on the toilet and proceeded to remove all the gore. Called her dad and let him know what was going on with the nose bleed. Took a good 10 minutes to get the bleeding to stop. I was having visions of taking her to the hospital the whole time because it was a good ten minute walk back to the house... thankfully it stopped. I needed some adult beverages after that but refrained because I'm not sure if I would have stopped...LOL! Oh and I was afraid there might be another nose bleed.... Just in case there wasn't enough drama for the fates.

1 comment:

Lisa Dorsey said...

So sorry to hear about the nose bleed. My youngest gets nose bleeds often too. Glad all is better now!