Friday, January 16, 2009

Change

I read a post at Two Peas today that surprised me a bit. http://simplescrapbooks.typepad.com/ Simple Scrapbooks is folding. Ironic that that was the last magazine I was published in, at least to me it is. I'm a dinosaur. Seems like there has been a lot of changes since 2004 and most of them I haven't liked much in the scrapbooking. I think a lot of it turns people off. Here are my pet peeves...for what it is worth...

Everything has to be the latest and greatest....WHY? to SELL, SELL, SELL. I really hate this about scrapbooking now. Feels like one big info-mercial....YUCK!

I have to say I really just don't get putting birds, deer and owls on everything. Now I have put owls on a layout but it had to do with the title "WHO ARE YOU". I have birds on some of my pages too but they had to do with Earth Day and the out doors. They go with the theme, not just plopped there... hey I'm not telling anyone not to do it I just don't understand it... I like embellishments that help tell the story not compete with it.

I don't really like pages with one tiny picture on it and a TON of embellishment. More like an art project than a scrapbook page. Again a matter of taste...

I don't like pages that have few tiny pictures and the rest of the page is blank. I tried. I even made a few pages that way... Hate'em. I just don't get it...

Pages with thinks like buttons glued all over them. They look like a kindergartens
art project. The Love Elsie stuff YUCK! Sorry I loved and treasured my girls art projects with macaroni and beads when they were 5, an adult doing it seems a tad pathetic... Again I just don't get it...

As I said I'm a dinosaur. I don't get most modern art either or most rap, or tattoos
all a matter of taste.... Everyone has an opinion they are just like a**holes everyone has one.... LOL!

No comments: