Friday, November 7, 2008

Rain, blabbing on...Nothing a good cup Won't FIX


It is a very light nice type of rain, not even cold out at least yet anyway. I'm enjoying the sounds. It wasn't unpleasant to walk Cookie in it.

Miss Katie turned in all her math papers, and got at least her 85%. So barring any other unpleasant surprises she should be getting at least a B in that class. Now I'm worrying about the rest of her classes... nice to have something else to worry about ROFL!

Tuesday Courtney had her first swim meet. They swam against Lavergna, and beat them soundly both the men's and women's Oakland teams.

Last night Courtney was helping cater an event at the high school for her culinary arts class. How table waiting and busing is part of culinary arts I'm not sure. I guess seeing how an even is run is a good thing. More like the school got wait staff for free... I'm not at all impressed with this class. They have yet really to cook a thing. I went to school for culinary arts. I have an associates degree in it. From day one we were cooking, and baking. I realize that was college but after 6 weeks they should have learned all the tools and utensils, measurements, how to modify recipes to serve more or less. The only way you really learn is by doing... Heck I did more in my 7th grade home economics class than they are in a high school class. I think Courtney wasted some of her valuable time taking this class. I hope I'm proven wrong.

OMG! the Preds game last night. It was the wildest game ever. They were down by 5 goals at one point. They battled their way bake to almost win. There were fights all over the place. The goal tending and defense for both teams...YUCK. Rinne should not have been in goal at first, and our defense men need to get it together. WOW. The power play I almost cringe to call it that... BUT if you like goal scoring this was your game 6 to 7. I'd prefer a WIN. Horrible road trip so far.

The Browns once again snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. WOW! They've got to be snake bit. Good thing I'm a Titans fan... still have a soft spot for the Browns though, old habits and such...

Tonight Oakland Football Team plays in the first round of the plays offs. they host being one of the top seats. I hope it isn't raining for it.

I did sit ups last night. This morning my stomach muscles are sore. YIKES! I really didn't do that many... getting SOFT. Guess I should drag my behind to the gym, but it is raining and everyone is going to be driving like idiots except me...
I did have this horrible dream about going over a cliff in a SUV... though I do believe that was more of a function of my subconscious trying to wake me before I wet the bed...LOL! Still you can never be too careful right? LOL! Maybe another shot of coffee will get my juices flowing. I really enjoyed my last Zumba class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great mug--- I don't know about you, but for me the mug I drink from is almost as important as what's inside!