Saturday, November 8, 2008

Odds & Ends



I'm making embellishments to go with the costumes everyone wore to the party this year. When I'd decided on a theme for this year I found some poor unloved wedding dress Jolee stickers at Hobby Lobby for about .75 so I picked it up in speculation. I found a groom one at Michael's when they were having a sticker sale. They've been sitting in my work area ever since. I wasn't sure how I was going to use them or if I could make them work. With all the Day of Dead stuff with brides and grooms I thought I'd put my own twist to it. the skulls are from the Oriental trader's felt borders. They just seem to have the right twist of creepy & commical to pull it off.
I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Now I have to come up with something for Ike & Tina Turner, Sarah & Todd Palin, etc...

6 comments:

emily said...

what a great idea!

jillconyers said...

love the details!

DebW said...

cute Kate!

Anonymous said...

Love the tag! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the rest of the couples...

Debra said...

Yes, can't wait to see what you come up with for the rest of the couples LOL. Border patrol and mexican should be fun LOL. At least it should be colorful.

msmith434343 said...

Hee! How cute!