Monday, October 27, 2008

All the Gory Details!



Well my wedding cake wound up being two layered cake with butter cream frosting filled with a strawberry whip cream filling. Totally delicious but lopsided and not what I was going for ... I'm totally humbled and astounded by pastry chefs that work with fondant. I efforts in using it was an abysmal failure. I see cake decorating classes in my future. I hate to fail at any thing...

Now I'm mulling over what I want next years theme to be... Psychotic Circus? the demented clown thing could be really fun. Horror Hospital? Medical stuff is pretty easy to stage... Witch's house... Dead Hollywood... I want to get a idea because the after Halloween sales. That is an art form in its self getting the most BOO for your dollar. I've had my eye on a few things. If I have my theme set in my head it helps weed out a lot of stuff.

I do know that I need to decorate my kitchen area much more! We spend just about the whole time in there. Guess I could replace my coffee collection with creepy specimen jars and lab materials... food for thought...

What theme do you like best?

3 comments:

Purple Princess said...

Wow that cake is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks and sounds amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

cooolest cake evah!
ciao
marah johnson