Sunday, October 12, 2008

19 more days till HALLOWEEN!

WOO HOO! Yesterday was a very productive day. I watched college football most of it. LOL! I did however manage to make my chocolate chip banana bread, and decorate the desk area in my breakfast nook. It is now lined with small gravestones. It will be holding all the drinks for the Bunco party this Thursday. That reminds me I need to get my bleeding skull punch bowl out of the attic, test and clean it for use. I have to get all my spider goblets down too. I love them but they aren't dish washer safe because of the glued on gems... I see dish pan hands in my near future unless I remember to wear gloves...

I dress my skeleton as a bride on the porch. I'm just waiting for my poor husband to get home to ambush him and get that coffin out of the attic. I need to put my groom in there for goodness sake! ROFL! Jim's old tux is going on him. I still need to find a nice CHEAP top hat. I may recycle one of the New Years hats... New ribbon, BINGO! I have a hat! BUT I HAVE TO GET IN THE CLOSET FROM HELL! It really is one scary closet.

I dragged Katie to the Predators game. Jim went on a business trip. Courtney decided to work the Camp YI reunion so she could see her friend from camp. She isn't going there this year unless it is the ONLY summer job she can find. So off Katie and I went it was a good game! Lots of action! One major fight half the people on the ice got sent to the box Hammer and Avery (Dallas Star) got 5 minutes for fighting and game misconducts and were thrown out. It all start with Tootoo, like usual... Turko hit him and two of the Dallas thugs went after Toots then all heck broke lose... Jason Arnott (captain) got two goals on his Birthday! Happy Bday Jason! The line of Jason, JP, and Martin is pretty golden! Now the other 2 need to step up... Any way we had a good time. I know Katie got into the game. I'll make a hockey lover out of her yet! LOL!

Chocolate chip banana bread recipe
2 1/2 cups flour ( I usually put 1 cup whole grain in to make healthier)
1/2 cup sugar ( I use splenda)
1/2 brown sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 smashed bananas
1/2 or 1 cup of mini chips

Mix everything together pour in greased loaf pan. bake at 350 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes (usually 65) till when a knife is stuck in it the knife comes out clean.
dump out of loaf pan let rest 5 to 10 minutes then cut! YUM!

No comments: