Tuesday, May 20, 2008

week in review

Well, Saturday at the yard sale I made $85. WOO HOO! I got rid of a TON of stuff. I'm quite pleased! I only wish I'd had the gumption to pull out more junk! There really was very little left. What was left is going to the consignment or Goodwill.

after the yard sale, I took Katie shopping for her go to the dance/graduation/ wedding dresses. We found two AWESOME dresses. She looks so grown up in them! They made her look so curvy. She looks absolutely stunning in them. It was one of those WOW moments even with hair not done and no make up. No more little girl...

The pool is all ready for swimming in! WOO HOO! It's perfect! well close... We have to clean up the furniture and the beds need a little TLC. But the water is swim-ready now if it would just get warm enough to do that we'll be all set. I need new floats and some new towels would be nice....


We went out to eat at Jim & Nicks Saturday night. RIBS! YUM! It's been a long while oh were they GOOD!

Jim and I went out for breakfast Sunday at IHOP then went to Home Depot for red mulch. We went to the grocery store for baking soda for the pool and bought some gorgeous bedding plants.

Jim got the mulching done in all the beds Saturday except the red stuff. We got the red mulch for the little pathway of grasses in. It looks really good! I trimmed all the bushes into shape. We put in a few purple flowers too! It needs more flowers. We'll probably go back and get some in a bit. I had to get a porch mat my Christmas one was still out there. I bought a fairly plain one at Wal-mart. But at least I'm season appropriate.


Jim and I are went out to dinner last night for our 18th anniversary at Ellendale's. I met him up in Nashville. I got to wear my killer dress! With even better underwear... We had a lovely meal. Came home and had a lovely rated X night..... Next year I'm planning something BIG well at least for 20th one... I want to go to Venice so bad!


Courtney doesn't have to take any finals because of her grades, so she is out of school now. Guess summer is here! I see running the vacuum in her future...{EVIL LAUGHTER}

1 comment:

CB said...

Venice sounds great! Hey - come to Qatar - we have the Villiago Mall with an indoor canal and gondola rides just like in Venice! (OK - while the part about the mall and gondola rides is true, Qatar looks nothing like Venice, it looks like.....I'll be kind....a dusty, construction site.)