Friday, May 2, 2008

The New Phone Smell

Yesterday I went to get a new cell phone. My old one had started to act up on me. The ringer would stick on and not stop ringing or go to silent mode on it's own. The poor thing was freaking out. It was a hand-me-down from my DH after I drowned my last one in pedicure water. Phones don't like water for some funny reason... That was over two years ago before that Jim used it hard. It truly time for a new phone. I qualified for an upgrade. I wanted all the bells and whistles!

This new phone does EVERYTHING almost. Email, Internet, camera, etc. It has a GPS so I should stop getting lost. No more charming side trips. Hey with the price of gas I need to get to point A to point B. It's GREEN aka good for my wallet! LOL! Any way I'll be studying the manual and down loading things to my phone today. When did phones get so complicated? I remember being amazed at camera phones. So I made the poor sales guy, John , go over everything twice that he could and sinc up the bluetooth. He was very gracious. I'm so not a techie. My brother Bruce would be so ashamed of me... well probably is. John showed me everything patiently. BLESS HIM!

John, had to have my license to finalize the paper work. He did double take, and said is that really you? The picture isn't all that flattering on my license to put it mildly. I look like a pig with lots of red hair. He said I looked awesome. He'd already made the sale, maybe hoping for add ons? LOL! He ask if I'd kept the license as a reminder. Reminded I looked like a pig in drag? YUCK! I guess I'm not vain enough to go sit at the DMV to get a new picture taken. That surely would be two hours of my life I'd never get back... To tell the truth It never really crossed my mind to do it till now. Sales people give me the double take every time if they really look at the picture, but yesterday was the first time someone said anything. I guess if someone says that isn't you and refuses to give me service I'll go get the license redone.

It was a lovely little pick me up to have someone notice all my hard work at improving my body and health that wasn't a family member or close friend. Hey, it is always nice to hear you look amazing! That AT&T sales person has my business for life! ROFL!

1 comment:

Willa said...

...Feeling better now?

Love,
Sister