Saturday, August 11, 2007

Struggling with weight loss

I am doing the wavering thing 193 one day, and 195 then 194 back to 193. (I don't consider it real weight gain unless it is over 2 pounds because of water weight.) Drives me nuts when I really haven't eaten anything too bad. I need to remember NO SOY SAUCE. Oh well! I'll keep plugging away at it. I hope to be under 190 at the end of the month, of course I was hoping that for July. Boy how my standards have dropped... Hopefully 3 pounds is doable! I'll be one unhappy camper if not.

It seems like 150 is a LONG way away. Guess I need to remember that we only started in March. Depending on the starting weight I use ( home or gym, beginning of March or mid) I've lost over 30 pounds, 36 (beginning of march home scales). I can't wait till what I have to lose is less then what I've lost. We'll see how the extra work at the gym goes. If that doesn't do the trick I may have to do the Weight Watchers thing or Jenny Craig or Nutra system. The portion control is the issue for me. Guess I need to get some food scales and the measuring cups out. I HATE to do that! I'll probably be amazed at how much more I eat than I think. You know what sucks worse is the pounds are just falling off Jim. We're doing the same thing! I'll die if he ever under weighs me! It is darn close now. He's only got 5 pounds on me. Maybe I'll do the crazy cabbage soup diet thing for a week while he is gone on business.... I'll smell like cabbage after a few days, and no one will want to be around me because of gas, ROFL! TMI? LOL!

One thing that is nice is to be able to share with someone else the whole struggle. So thank you!

:>) Kate

2 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

Keep at it. If you want it, it will come. I know how discouraging it can be...I've tried most my adult life to lose weight. It wasn't until I was dignosed with diabetes that I lost the weight. 224 to 148. I followed a very strict diabetic diet given me by the doctors and excersied my brains out. There are plently of cookbooks and online help. You don't have to have diabetes to follow the stragey. But Good Luck....and keep us posted.

Rachael said...

You can do it!! I know how hard it is! I'm such a yo-yoer!

Hang in there, girl!