Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Stuff and Nonsense...



I love Masterpiece Theater. The version of Pride and Prejudice with Collin Firth is AMAZING... I really don't get to indulge much in watching Masterpiece since I seem to be the only one that loves classics. BUT this time I am. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens is the book they made come to life. I'm so enjoying it! You can watch it on line on the PBS site. The story is broken up in 7 minute parts for each chapter. Makes it easy to just get a fix between loads of laundry, running the vacuum, etc... I went to the library yesterday to get the book but it was checked out. I'm trying to be frugal and use the library but I'm just itching to see what happens next! Sunday when it is on I'll be either in Rocket Town listening to bands I've never heard of or waiting at a restaurant to pick the girls up afterward... Thank goodness for the DVR!

Last night was the final home game for the Predators. Jim and I met at the parking garage as usual. It was hat day. I was hoping for a hat trick...Was not to be...
They had the final mystery puck draws so we bought one. they are all prettily wrapped in festive paper. We have a Halloween one, Christmas, We got the Easter one last Saturday. The proceeds all go to the Predator foundation that support numerous causes in Middle Tennessee and further. They are always autographed by players. If they are Autographed in gold or have a gold star on them you receive a team signed hockey stick. Well, I picked a puck with a gold star! WE now have another cool piece memorabilia for our wall in the bonus room aka the shrine to our favorite teams. some people think it is Jim's man cave, but they are SO wrong. I think I'm probably more of a hard core fan than Jim. I'm usually the one bidding on things at the game. Though Jim collection of signed photos he got off Ebay is pretty amazing. So call it a joint work of love? Passion? Insanity? Whatever! Any way sorry for the ramble...
I'm just sorry that the Predators lost last night. They played a good game just didn't capitalize and bury their chances in the back of the net. Now They have to win the rest of their games and pray for the Blues, and or the Ducks to Fall the next two games. Preds have a way harder schedule for the last two games...sigh...
Red Wings, and the Wild. Makes me sick to think after the rally and all that work not to make the play offs... Oh and the refs last night should be horse whipped for that non-call on the high sticking of Scott Nickel.... Stupid zebras!

Katie got her hair highlighted with red. I haven't got a picture yet1 I'm sure she has but alas I can't find her camera to steal pic from! It looks really good. Very pleased with Kelly's work.

We picked up Courtney's dress for the prom over the weekend. Not without drama though...GROWL! We had an appointment for 4PM Friday. When we got to Special Touch it was a mob scene. OK we had an appointment drop-ins should have to wait... they couldn't find her dress. Morgan had to go back and dig. She found it! Not one of the alterations had been done though it had been marked off as done. Hey, stuff happens. The Brentwood prom isn't till April 18th so it wasn't earth shattering just inconvenient. It's a 20 drive across Murfreesboro IF there is no traffic 4PM on Friday is a nightmare. There's over 150,000 people now in Murfreesboro they were ALL on the road Friday to get home for the weekend. OK so maybe not all but it felt like it. So Saturday morning I called to make doubly sure everything was finished with THE DRESS. Hallelujah! Glory be it was done! Back we go again to another mob scene. A wedding party was in for their fittings and bunch of prom dress girls. Courtney tried her dress back on and it was perfect. The jewelry we had bought was perfect. we found hair jewels that were perfect. Went and ordered the boutonniere for Nima. Chach-ching!!! OUCH! DONE! Well till Hair & nails just before she goes. That is all her. I may play chauffeur but she's bank rolling that part herself. She did pay $170 for THE DRESS. But bra, jewelry, tax... OUCH! Courtney has been baby sitting. She has a gig Thursday night during my bunco group. So she should be good to go! As long as Nima doesn't get eaten by a shark on his trip to Florida...

OK I've babbled long enough... Have a good one!

3 comments:

audrey neal said...

Can't wait to see prom pics -- I miss all the dressing up and fun that was!

I was in your area just last week. Headed down to McKay's Used Books over on Charlotte Pike in Nashville and then did some shopping in the area. It was a gorgeous day there!

vtpuggirl said...

The prom pics will be amazing! A word of advice, the red hair dye doesn't last real long so get a pic quick. It's the size of the dye, red dye is very large and washes out very quickly because the particles are so big.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the prom dress thing! I had similar issues with my wedding dress when DH and I got married...hope everything gets done on time and all!

Also, I agree it's nice to see your work published...so sorry if I came across as judgmental toward those who submit their work or like seeing it in print--I never meant to, as I'm one of them! lol.