Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Too Much Excitement

Here I am ready to enjoy a nice day by the pool reading a book taking a dip every once in a while. Tuesday is pool day. One day a week I set aside too enjoy my pool. I actually got about a hour in when a hysterical Marilyn T bursts in the back yard. It seems her 4 year old son Elliot is missing. She said she looked every where in her house... She was making him cookies. he came out the garage...Funny thing is my lawn service guys never saw him... I throw on a towel, and start searching by the creek. Meanwhile Marilyn is rolling in the grass" saying where is her where is he.." totally hysterical. That isn't helping finding her son. Luckily Jennifer got her to calm down. We all organized. I get Katie out of the shower to help I thrown on shorts. We started searching every backyard every pool every car, garage, etc. Even my lawn service guys are helping. We're looking a good 30 to 40 minutes. The police are called. They arrive and go into the house with Marilyn for just one more once over. Marilyn says he isn't in the house I looked BUT when they get to the laundry room she opens and shuts the drier hard. It wakes up a sleeping Elliot in the linen closet... SCARED the crap out of all of us because she panicked and didn't look thoroughly in her own freaking house. I'm so happy the child is fine! I guess next time poor Marilyn will do a more complete search...I'd hope so any way.... I feel new gray hairs sprouting after that fiasco...

No comments: