Monday, July 7, 2008

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished...

Why does it seem that every time I do something nice for someone else I'm rewarded with Aggravation?! Doesn't matter if I'm nice in traffic by letting someone in or doing one of those small favors for a friend... OK maybe not every time just lately...

I put on one of those Premier Jewelry parties so Katie's niece would have more from her party. Call it a house warming present, they just moved into our neighborhood.
I also felt a little sorry for the lady selling it because she was due to having up coming back surgery... THERE WAS MY BIG MISTAKE! This woman is wearing me out! I told her I had company coming soon. BUT that went in one ear and out the other. you'd think jewelry was life and death.

The real sad thing is if she was not so freaking annoying Sunnette would have had a party. Someone else is going to get the business... She's killing her own business with her sob stories. The back surgery story wasn't enough so we got to hear about her son running away (don't blame him), her gay ex husband (I'd turn gay too if I was married to her), her mother's death (by the end of the evening with her everyone trapped in the room was envying the lady the escape). The icing on the cake for me was while her mother was on her death bed she wanted her family to pray for her jewelry business, and was hurt when they gave her the cold shoulder. This woman has borderline personality disorder written all over her...YIKES!

I'm now trying to decide if I should tell her how much of a turn off her sales pitch was or let it be... I'm sure that good deed would get punished....

2 comments:

Debra said...

I had fun at the party and I finally got to see Sunnette, so your good deed was enjoyed. Your food was great as usual and the margaritas helped.

Glad I didn't book a party LOL.

There are just some people that are put on this earth to add stress to our lives.....I seem to recall us having this very conversation last week and that we need to get as far away from them as possible LOL.

Hugs

Bruce Bennett said...

With just a bit of tweaking, I think you MIGHT be able to incorporate this story in a comedy... Thus salvaging something from the wreckage :)