Thursday, July 24, 2008

July





We had a very nice visit with my brother, Andy's family in early July. I was going to share some of the pictures but every attempt has been met with a bunch of frustrations.




OK as soon as I bitched I finally figured it out ..LOL! This is a self portrait Katie took of herself in the pool. Perfect for the silly kid picture of the week!
Now I'm going to have to upload a bunch of pictures and then delete them... Oh well!

Any way we had a nice visit with Andy, Cindy , Grant and Erin. We took them to Center Hill Lake and took them tubing off the jet boat and rented a pontoon boat for just swimming off and touring. I think we beat the heck out of poor Grant and Andy. We're a tad bit on the dare devil side when it comes to tubing...

We dragged them on our nickle tour of Murfreesboro. Stones River Battle field was the first stop. We got the best guide we'd ever had he explained the battle and it's importance to the North. Very interesting! I loved it if no one else did! It was the very first big victory for the North after the Emancipation Proclamation. It stopped the British and French from joining in the war... any way VERY COOL!!!

We then went to the Oaklands the founding father of Murfreesboro home. I have part of the novel I'm writing staged there... Any way we had another good tour not the best one... I actually have been there so many times I probably could give an excellent tour with out the guide... LOL!

We exposed them all to our neighbors for the 4th of July party. They really get into the fireworks in our neighborhood... YIKES!

Katie and Courtney are all back from camp now. They had a good chunk of the summer at camp YI. They both had a blast. Katie was even honor camper. she did EVERYTHING. Such a cool camp! Boating, tubing, swimming, horse back riding, rope courses, crafts, archery.... I know I'm forgetting something...

I've been having Tuesday's by the pool here at the house inviting friends and neighbors over. It's been really fun. This week we had thunder storms that kind of put a damper on pool day a bit.

This past weekend we went back to the lake and tubed all day after picking Courtney up from camp. We did full on action tubing! My back and shoulders were sore from hanging on and I had rug burns on my knees. it was a blast until we tangled the tow rope in the boat jet... thank goodness we have two jets. Jim got the rope out at home we'll be buying a new tow rope... doesn't look like we damaged the boat but we won't know till we test it out... cross your finger and say a prayer for us! LOL!

Just finished Brother Odd by Dean Koontz. LOVED IT! If you like a little Sci/Fi horror... I'd recommend it! thank you mom Margie!

Time to make the dinner Jim brought corn grown here in Tennessee! one of the lovely ladies in the office brought some in to share. YUM!

1 comment:

Willa said...

I thought that was a picture of you when I first saw it! Katie sure looks like you!