Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hybrid Cookie recipe

I am calling them oatmeal zucchini raisin breakfast cookies.


1 cup raisins
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Splenda ( or you can do 1 cup sugar or all Splenda browns better with sugar)
2 eggs
1/2 cup 1% milk
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour ( again you can use any flour you want)
1 1/4 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 generous teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup zucchini, grated
1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips



I just threw everything in a big bowl broke out the handmixer and let her rip till well mixed.  Put them in a 375 degree F oven for 12 minutes.  I made generous sized cookies more like small biscuits.  You can make them smaller probabaly cut cooking time down 8 to 12.

I always use parchment paper now when I do any cookies.  No brown bottoms ever unless you REALLY over bake them.  I use the same sheet several times too for same cookies. Save a few pennies....

Anyway lots of fiber!  worst thing in this recipe is the shortening I think you could use a cup of apple sauce and tablespoon of vegetable oil instead.  I just like the texture of that the shortening gives them.

No comments: