Friday, August 10, 2007

Catching up!

I'm so far behind on my blog thanks to my computer troubles. It seems like so much has happened in a short period of time!

Two weeks ago we went on a camping trip to Center Hill Lake. I tried out one of those new "disposable" camcorders filming the girls tubing on the boat. I place I would never take a tradition one for fear of ruining it. That is SO cool. For $29 you can buy a 20 minute camcorder that you can take any where at CVS. Take it back and they make a disc for you to share. You can play it back erase, pretty much anything you do with a regular camcorder. I think I'll be putting up some of Katie's Rock concert and the tubing.

The camping trip was fun! We are now pretty good at putting up the tent! With the addition of a portable potty and potty tent no long walks to the restrooms. I do think it is a lot to set up for one night... But for the whole weekend it will be just fine. Hopefully we'll get at least one more trip to the lake in this summer. Jim's travel schedule is pretty horrible right now, that kind of SUCKS!

We adopted a pound puppy! Danielle, Danni for short. She is a 5 year old or older Keeshound. Poor baby was a mess! I had her groomed yesterday. She had so many nasty mats they had to just strip the fur. I guess at some point the poor dog had been skunked. She smelled horrible, but we just though it was "pound" smell. It came out when they washed her, so she had to be de-skunked. She smells good now! Looks cute. The bows they put in her hair lasted all of hour. Keeshounds don't do bows... She's still a bit jumpy. If she is asleep don't touch her! she startles and snaps a bit. I think that is from being at the pound or out on her own. Poor baby who knows what happened to her...BUT now she has a loving home.

The girls are back in school Monday full time! Courtney did her HIGH SCHOOL orientation day Thursday. My baby is in HIGH SCHOOL! Unreal! Katie goes to the new elementary school they just built. She'll be in the first "graduating" class from 6th grade. Gorgeous school! I hope she has an even better year this year. Last year was wonderful for Katie.

My weight loss train is parked at the station... 193 for the past two weeks. I need to change up my routine again. GROAN! It is so hard to keep at it when I plateau. Frustrating! Demoralising! This is usually when I fall off the fitness wagon. I figure being good doesn't do me any good any way I might as well EAT!!! Right now working out is so HOT! But I'm going to reach my goal this time! The third time is the charm! As soon as the girls are back at school I'm adding classed to my cardio and personal training. Wish me luck!

No comments: