Saturday, December 6, 2008

Jar Project with Oreo Truffles



My version! At least the proto type. I need to glue the top on a bit better. I bent this one...Oops! I got to use my punches! The jar isn't square, BUT I did have to fork out any $$$ for it. I save jars. My DH makes fun of me for doing it. BUT they do come in handy at times... No I'm not as bad as cousin Mabel (Willa, Bruce & Andy) FAMILY JOKE... I'm going to put Oreo truffles in them for the neighbors.

These are so easy to make and so easy to eat! Cookies and Cream in truffle form. Divine!
40 truffles (approximately)

Ingredients

1 lb Oreo cookies (3 sleeves)
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (using different extracts allows for subtle flavour changes...I've used mint extract, upped to 1 tsp) (optional)
1 lb milk chocolate
1/2 lb white chocolate

Directions

1 Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder.

2 With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).

3 Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet.

4 Refrigerate for 45 minutes.

5 Line two cookie sheets with wax paper.

6 In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate.

7 Dip balls and coat thoroughly.

8 With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off.

9 Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.

10 In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate.

11 Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls.

12 Let cool.

13 Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.

These truffles ROCK!

No comments: